Friday 19 September 2014

SLOG week 1

   The first week of CSC165 was not very challenging because it was a very, very simple introduction to the first unit. We learned about being precise with our words and mathematical symbols, and the proper symbols to use to be most precise. We went over the ways that the English language can fail us when we mean to be absolutely understood, with not even a hint of ambiguity. Some of it was amusing, like when we went over some newspaper headlines that attempted to capture some story or concept with a few words and utterly failed to do so.
   The biggest thing I can say at this point is that I am interesting to see where we go from here. The first week was, ironically, quite ambiguous. I do not quite understand what it has to do with whatever mathematical concepts are coming, but I look forward to refining my understanding of this week through the lens of whatever we learn in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment